National Resource Hub
About the National Resource Hub
The National Resource Hub is a suite of web-based tools that support a consistent approach for the resource management preparedness process:
- Accessing and automating the use of National Incident Management System (NIMS) resource typing definitions, position qualification sheets, and position task book templates.
- Inventorying individual resources—personnel, equipment, teams, supplies, and facilities.
- Managing personnel qualifications, certification, and credentials.
- Supporting existing resource management-related guidance, policies, practices, and mutual aid compacts.
- A one-page slick sheet on the National Resource Hub is available for download.
What It Does
- Consolidates and integrates existing FEMA-provided systems for resource management preparedness activities: inventorying, typing resources, managing personnel qualifications, and credentialing.
- Stores information in a secure cloud-hosted, government-authorized environment.
- Ensures organizations and resource owners retain full ownership and control over their resources.
- Offers a no-cost solution for all state, local, tribal, and territorial government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and other mission partners.
What It Doesn't Do
- Is not a deployment system. The National Resource Hub does not support resource requests, deployments, or resource tracking.
- Since it is not a deployment system, it does not allow any agency or individual to request or deploy resources and personnel through the system.
- Organizations and resource owners do not lose control or ownership over their resource information.
- Does not change or modify any existing mutual aid agreements or compacts.
National Resource Hub Suite of Systems
This tool is an online library of all resource typing definitions, job titles/position qualification sheets, and PTB templates that have been released by FEMA as a part of NIMS. Resource typing definitions and position qualification sheets establish a resource’s minimum criteria for the associated component and capability. NIMS resource typing and the National Qualification System (NQS) serve as the common language for the mobilization of resources and personnel.
LEARN MORE about the Resource Typing Library
ACCESS the Resource Typing Library
This system provides users with a solution to identify and inventory their resources and personnel, consistently with NIMS resource typing definitions and job titles/position qualification sheets. Users can inventory all of their resources including equipment, personnel, teams, facilities, and supplies for day-to-day use and those available for mutual aid in larger-scale incidents. The system automatically uses the NIMS resource typing definitions, NQS position qualifications, and includes a resource typing calculator feature.
LEARN MORE about the Resource Inventory System
REQUEST ACCESS to the Resource Inventory System
This system is a web-based master qualifications system that provides a common language and approach to qualify and certify emergency personnel. It is designed to support the development of a national incident workforce. This qualifications system implements the National Qualification System (NQS), a foundational guideline on the typing and credentialing of personnel resources within the NIMS framework.
LEARN MORE about the Personnel Qualifications & Credentialing Management System
ACCESS OneResponder — the Personnel Qualifications & Credentialing Management System